Build error in kdeplasma-addons

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 5 21:29:12 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 04 May 2010, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4. May 2010. Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi Ivan,
> >
> > the lancelot-datamodels library currently doesn't compile if not all KDE
> > modules have been installed to the same prefix:
> > http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=64257
> >
> > The problem is that you have the following code in your CMakeLists.txt:
> >
> > set(screensaver_xml
> >     ${KDE4WORKSPACE_DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR}/org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver.xml)
>
> The error should only occur when missing the above file - the rest of them
> have a fall-back in the libs/lancelot-datamodels/external directory.
>
> I'll add the fallback for screensaver as well.

Hmm, better, but still not correct.
DBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR is the wrong variable to use.
You should add a
find_package(KDE4Workspace)
and then use ${KDE4WORKSPACE_DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR}. If ScreenSaver.xml is
installed, it will be found then.

For the other xml files using ${KDE4_DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR} (which is the dbus
interface dir from kdelibs) should still be better than using
${DBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR}, which is the dbus install dir of kdeplasma
(which may be in a completely different place).