new scripts to drive nightly builds available, please try

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue May 4 08:38:25 CEST 2010

On Monday 03 May 2010 21:46:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2010, Volker Krause wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you post that script here ?
> > > I'd like to have a look at it.
> >
> > attached, but rather boring and relies heavily on macros in my .bashrc ;)
>
> No, not boring. Thanks :-)

> > > In which case do you need "make Experimental" ?
> > > This just builds what you currently have on your disk.
> >
> > I used make Experimental just as an example, I guess we eventually want
> > Continuous instead in this case. But since the goal is minimal-intrusive
> > integration into an existing system, it'll need some adjustments (such as
> > printing the full logs and not doing svn up for example).
>
> Why shouldn't it do svn up ?
>
> If I understand correctly how ctest and cdash work together, I think if
> ctest doesn't do this, then cdash is not able to send the notification
> emails (because it receives the update information via ctest).

right, that's how it works idealy in my understanding as well. But as I said
the goal here is minimal intrusive integration of cdash reporting into an
existing continous package building system. This already does a svn checkout
of a specific version and thus would not want anything messing around with
that. The build itself is driven by the usual Debian package building tools,
which limits our possibilities of injecting ctest calls for that as well.
Certainly not perfect, but IMHO just build results (no update and test) are
still better than nothing, especially when run more or less continously on a
clean system for two architectures :)

This of course does not replace "real" ctest builds, but it allows us to
collect results of already existing automatic builds in a central place.

regards
Volker