CMake policies issues was: Re: kdesupport/automoc

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 24 22:30:57 CEST 2010

On Thursday 24 June 2010, Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 of June 2010 23:00:12 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 June 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I added cmake_policy(PUSH/POP) to Automoc4Config.cmake, so any policy
> > changes done inside there don't propagate to the outside, so CMP0002 is
> > not reset to NEW, so the duplicated target names should be ok.
> > Let me know if there are still problems.
>
> While we're at it, would be something like attached patch more reliable?
> So not to rely on find_program or get_filename_component to aquire automoc4
> path, instead to use CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin/automoc4 directly. I mean, at
> the time Automoc4Config is prepared, we already know exactly where is
> automoc4 executable located.

On Unix systems, typically, yes.
On Windows, no.
They want to be able to install it to a location chosen by the user at
package-install time, which can be different from CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX chosen
at cmake time.
So finding the executable based on the own location has its advantages. I
wouldn't change this now.

> I've also moved Automoc config files from <libdir>/automoc4 to
> <libdir>/cmake/Automoc4 to decrease namespace pollution and to keep it
> consistent with kdelibs/kdevplatform/kdeworkspace/soprano (it requires
> cmake 2.6.3 I think).

Hmm, no real objections here, as long as you also take care if later on
somebody has problems with this nevertheless ;-)