rpath problems with kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 20 13:07:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm running into weird issues with cmake 2.8.1 and its rpath-handling.
First thing I found was that FindKDE4Internal.cmake from Debian sets
CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH to false, but even after that
cmake_install.cmake files in kdevplatform all have code to do RPATH_REMOVE
instead of RPATH_CHANGE. I'm just running cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kdevelop

Doing the same thing with kdevelop (which depends on kdevplatform) shows no
problem, the cmake_install.cmake has the proper FILE(RPATH_CHANGE calls.

Anybody an idea where I should go hunting from here? There must be some
difference between the two projects, but I can't see what.

Andreas

--
You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.