akonadi - Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY

Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma tropikhajma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:55:22 CEST 2010

2010/6/17 Christophe Giboudeaux <cgiboudeaux at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Le 17/06/2010 10:45, Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I just switched the dashboard build from cmake 2.6.4 to 2.8.1 and the
>> kdesupport is failing, complaining that Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY
>> cannot be found.
>> I found an old note in the akonadi changelog that its own FindBoost
>> has to be used, but I cannot find it anywhere in kdesupport. (kdelibs
>> does come with its FindBoost.cmake)
>>

> This was changed last year (2009-01-05). We don't have a copy of
> FindBoost.cmake anymore in kdesupport/akonadi (ie: we use what CMake ships).
> The commit is r906112:
> http://websvn.kde.org/?revision=906112&view=revision
>

>> In our internal BS, that is different from the dashboard one, akonadi
>> 1.3.80 builds just fine with cmake 2.8.1, so either something changed
>> between 1.3.80 and 1.3.85 or there's something subtle in our
>> configuration.
>>
>> any hints welcome
>>

> from an Akonadi pov, nothing changed since then, did you check in your
> kdesupport checkout if there's an outdated FindBoost.cmake in another
> subdir ?

found it.
this was because (due to our fault) the C++ compiler was not detected
properly and '-sw' wasn't used for the Boost_COMPILER variable.

Strange, because the construct

$CTEST -V -VV -S
$SCRIPT_DIR/kdesupport/KDESupportNightly.cmake,KDE_CTEST_BUILD_SUFFIX=$SUFFIX,CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_ROOT/kdesupport,DO_INSTALL=TRUE,KDE_CTEST_AVOID_SPACES=TRUE,Boost_COMPILER=-sw,$cmake_various_flags,KDE_CTEST_PARALLEL_LEVEL=16

was working ok with cmake 2.6.4.

P.