KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 13:32:32 CEST 2010

On Monday 26 July 2010 21:17:28 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2010, Andreas Holzammer wrote:
> > SVN commit 1149092 by aholzammer:
> >
> > - fixed some find scripts for wince
> >
> >  M  +6 -0      FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> >  M  +2 -2      KDE4Macros.cmake
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> it's very nice that you are working on Win CE support for KDE and that you
> are contributing these efforts.
>
> Anyhow, there are some issues.
>
> We have a commit policy for kdelibs/cmake/modules/:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/CMake_Commit_Policy
>
> While not explicitely mentioned on that page, adding support for a new OS
> fits under section 2 "Patches which refactor multiple modules at once or
> which...", so you really should have posted these patches for discussion
> first to kde-buildsystem.
>
> Are these the changes in use by the KDAB devs ?

Yes, all necessary changes to cross-compile kdesupport, kdelibs, base-runtime,
pimlibs and pim with emerge for Windows CE should have been committed by now.
And it actually works, I just saw the first pictures of one of the KDE PIM
mobile apps running in the Windows CE emulator :)

> The major issue I have with these patches is that it adds support for WINCE
> to KDE, while no official cmake version actually supports WINCE.
>
> So, in the current state, your changes will not go into 4.4.x or 4.5, since
> they rely on stuff which is not and may never be present in cmake.

All this has happend in trunk as far as I know, so neither 4.4 nor 4.5 is
affected.

> Before that can happen, cmake must have support for WINCE in its master or
> next branch (or in a released version).
> The relevant entry in the cmake issue tracker is this one:
>
> Since I don't have any Windows machine at hand, I cannot really continue
> the work there, Brad or somebody else has to do this.
> So please try hard to get the patches attached on this page committed to
> cmake.

AFAIK this is being worked on by Patrick Spendrin.

regards
Volker