Request to bump Qt version requirements to 4.6.3 for KDE SC 4.5 (and above)

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at
Thu Jul 8 17:36:09 CEST 2010

From what I understand, Plasma in KDE4 Workspace 4.5 relies on notifications
provided by libdbusmenu-qt to control what to draw in system tray. And
apparently Qt <= Qt-4.6.2 contains known bug that causes 'close application'
notifications not to be delivered - as a result causing system tray
regressions - application icons not disappearing.

and similar reports.

Because it's quite visually exposed and obvious bug (confirmed to be solved
with mentioned Qt upgrade), I propose bumping Qt requirements to 4.6.3 for 4.5
branch and trunk for whole KDE SC release (currently it requires Qt 4.6.0).