IceConectionNumberIn, XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState, XScreenSaverQueryInfo help needed to fix absence -kde-4.4.5

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 20:08:43 CEST 2010

On 05.07.10 18:46:47, lI wrote:
> On Sunday 04 July 2010 23:47:40 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 03.07.10 18:20:58, lI wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I am attempting to compile kdebase-workspace-4.4.5 on a computer with the
> > > following features:-
> > > --CPU-AMD64 (multicores)
> > > --operating-system: cblfs linux2.6.34 non-multilib 64-bit libs only
> > > (i.e. ~/lib only no ~/lib32 and ~/lib64 directories)
> > > --Xorg-7.5  not in /usr
> > >
> > > Running cmake  identifies all external 'packages',   generates makefiles
> > > and the subsuquent 'make'  goes to completion.  However cmake   also gave
> > > the following  'missed/not-found' programs  that I want  compiled in:-
> > >
> > > --------------------- cmake output
> > >  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss
> > >  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss - not found
> > >
> > >  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc
> > >  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc  -not found
> > >
> > > --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE
> > > --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE -not found
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > > clearly some X-libraries are being found.
> > >
> > > I have looked in   the various subdirectories and looked at the CMake
> > > error logs   to see If I could fix these manually  but the logs did give
> > >  the paths to the files that generated  the errors.  To find the error
> > > sources manually its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.  . I
> > > would thus be grateful for some help to locate  the source of these
> > > errors  and where I could set the appropriate paths so that these
> > > libraries are located..
> >
> > The error messages suggest that you've built your X11 with some options
> > turned off that KDE needs to enable certain features. You'll have to
> > find out in Xorg how to enable these.
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> I built Xorg-7.5  with the recipe given here:
> http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Xorg7/Libraries
> I see nothing therein that refers to  XScreenSaverQueryInfo ,
> XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState, IceConectionNumberIn
>
> I  suspect that my Xorg installation is fine.  As  I  had    similar
> problems with  cmake spewing
>

>  -- Looking for _XiGetDevicePresenceNotifyEvent
>  -- Looking for _XiGetDevicePresenceNotifyEvent - not found
>
> and
>  -- Looking for XkbLockModifiers in X11
>  -- Looking for XkbLockModifiers in X11 - not found
>
> and was able to track down the culprits and set the appropriate absolute
> library path for them to disappear.
>
> Looking in the CMake error.log it appears that the  libraries libICE, libXs,
> libXxf86misc  etc were not found    I suspect these  errors are fixable
> by manually setting the library paths.   However the error.log did not give
> the pathTO  or nameOf the file calling for these libraries respectively..  It
> would be  helpful if you or anyone on list could suggest  what-are andOR
> where-are  such files.

I'm sorry, but really thats your job. You're the one interested in
spending time on figuring out how to build a linux from scratch. Most if
not all of us are simply not interested in these low-level things and
hence use packages which have the necessary stuff installed properly in
the right place for cmake to find them. I suggest to do a grep over the
source code of whatever module fails and look for the stuff thats not
found.

Andreas

--
Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).