IceConectionNumberIn, XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState, XScreenSaverQueryInfo help needed to fix absence -kde-4.4.5

lI lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Jul 5 19:46:47 CEST 2010

On Sunday 04 July 2010 23:47:40 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 03.07.10 18:20:58, lI wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am attempting to compile kdebase-workspace-4.4.5 on a computer with the
> > following features:-
> > --CPU-AMD64 (multicores)
> > --operating-system: cblfs linux2.6.34 non-multilib 64-bit libs only
> > (i.e. ~/lib only no ~/lib32 and ~/lib64 directories)
> > --Xorg-7.5  not in /usr
> >
> > Running cmake  identifies all external 'packages',   generates makefiles
> > and the subsuquent 'make'  goes to completion.  However cmake   also gave
> > the following  'missed/not-found' programs  that I want  compiled in:-
> >
> > --------------------- cmake output
> >  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss
> >  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss - not found
> >
> >  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc
> >  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc  -not found
> >
> > --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE
> > --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE -not found
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > clearly some X-libraries are being found.
> >
> > I have looked in   the various subdirectories and looked at the CMake
> > error logs   to see If I could fix these manually  but the logs did give
> >  the paths to the files that generated  the errors.  To find the error
> > sources manually its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.  . I
> > would thus be grateful for some help to locate  the source of these
> > errors  and where I could set the appropriate paths so that these
> > libraries are located..
>
> The error messages suggest that you've built your X11 with some options
> turned off that KDE needs to enable certain features. You'll have to
> find out in Xorg how to enable these.
>
> Andreas

I built Xorg-7.5  with the recipe given here:
http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Xorg7/Libraries
I see nothing therein that refers to  XScreenSaverQueryInfo ,
XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState, IceConectionNumberIn

I  suspect that my Xorg installation is fine.  As  I  had    similar
problems with  cmake spewing

 -- Looking for _XiGetDevicePresenceNotifyEvent
 -- Looking for _XiGetDevicePresenceNotifyEvent - not found

and
 -- Looking for XkbLockModifiers in X11
 -- Looking for XkbLockModifiers in X11 - not found

and was able to track down the culprits and set the appropriate absolute
library path for them to disappear.

Looking in the CMake error.log it appears that the  libraries libICE, libXs,
libXxf86misc  etc were not found    I suspect these  errors are fixable
by manually setting the library paths.   However the error.log did not give
the pathTO  or nameOf the file calling for these libraries respectively..  It
would be  helpful if you or anyone on list could suggest  what-are andOR
where-are  such files.

sincerely
lI