Serializing possibly resource-intensive tasks such as meinproc

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 7 21:02:20 CET 2010

On Thursday 07 of January 2010, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Hi Lubak
>
> This is an excelent idea (I've tried convincing Dirk to do something
> similar for years).
>
> But why are you detecting icecream and adding in cmake? Wouldn't it be
> better to simple add a meinproc link during icecream installation like it
> is done for cc and c++?

 It probably wouldn't. Cmake likes to hardcode paths for everything and the
meinproc handling is no exception. It always uses $KDEDIR/bin/meinproc4
except in kdelibs where it is <built_binaries>/meinproc4. Even solving the
first one I can't think of anything cleaner than my patch and for the latter
that needs modifying the cmake code anyway.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer
 l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org