Using dynamic Qt plugins in KAuth

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Feb 14 17:55:07 CET 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Dario Freddi wrote:
> On Sunday 14 February 2010 00:00:52 Christoph Feck wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 February 2010 20:42:21 Dario Freddi wrote:
> > > Is something like  ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/kauth/helper acceptable?
> >
> > No, use something like ${PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR}/plugins/kauthbackends/
>
> Thanks. I committed the fix in 1089968 so that the set lines are now
>
> set(KAUTH_HELPER_PLUGIN_DIR "${PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR}/plugins/kauth/helper"
> CACHE STRING "Where KAuth's helper plugin will be installed")
>
> This should fix both of the issues pointed by Alexander. If no further
> objections will arise, I'll backport everything in a pair of days.

Hmm.
There is a small issue with this:
if you just run cmake, and then run e.g. cmake-gui to change
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, this change will not automatically propagate through to
KAUTH_HELPER_PLUGIN_DIR, since this will be already in the CMake cache then.

Please have a look at the set_fancy() macro in FindKDE4Internal.cmake and see
if it works for you (there is full documentation just above the macro).