[Phonon] 0532638 This is a terrible hack to make phonon-xine findp

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud at ya.ru
Sun Dec 26 10:05:40 CET 2010

Andreas Hartmetz wrote:

> On Saturday 25 December 2010 21:06:03 Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
>> >     I think FindPhonon.cmake being installed by kdelibs, into a
>> >     KDE-specific path, is the underlying problem that needs to
>> >     be fixed. Looks like a circular dependency of sorts to me.
>> >     We're going to see similar problems in the future with kdesupport
>> >     fragmenting more and more.
>>
>> This way phonon-xine depend both on phonon and kdelibs (for kde4-config).
>> Why not just copy FindPhonon.cmake to phonon-xine and do *not* install
>> it?
>>
> Because copying stuff around is always bad. It forces you to keep track of
> the copies in case something changes in the original.
> I am hoping for a solution with no such downsides.
> If I had copied FindPhonon.cmake into phonon-xine that might have been
> just good enough for everybody to continue ignoring the problem ;)
> The current hack is meant to be temporary and bad.
Do you think that copying parts of FindKDE4{,Internal}.cmake and adding
kdelibs dependency is better than copying FindPhonon.cmake?

I see two solutions:
1. Push FindPhonon.cmake to the list of find modules installed by cmake.
2. Create a kdesupport project for cmake macroses.

I remember that the second way was already discussed but I've forgotten the
details and the outcome.