[Phonon] 0532638 This is a terrible hack to make phonon-xine findp

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 03:58:03 CET 2010

On Saturday 25 December 2010 21:06:03 Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> >     I think FindPhonon.cmake being installed by kdelibs, into a
> >     KDE-specific path, is the underlying problem that needs to
> >     be fixed. Looks like a circular dependency of sorts to me.
> >     We're going to see similar problems in the future with kdesupport
> >     fragmenting more and more.
>
> This way phonon-xine depend both on phonon and kdelibs (for kde4-config).
> Why not just copy FindPhonon.cmake to phonon-xine and do *not* install it?

Because copying stuff around is always bad. It forces you to keep track of the
copies in case something changes in the original.
I am hoping for a solution with no such downsides.
If I had copied FindPhonon.cmake into phonon-xine that might have been just
good enough for everybody to continue ignoring the problem ;)
The current hack is meant to be temporary and bad.