Please review: cmake check for Cagibi

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Aug 24 20:40:23 CEST 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following up to my and your emails on "How to test for a D-Bus run-time
> dependency?" last tuesday here please find and then comment on my proposal
> to test for the existance of cagibi during the build, so there is some hint
> at every build of kdebase on this optional dependency.
>
> The patch adds to kdebase/runtime/CMakeLists.txt the test of Cagibi, the
> file FindCagibi.cmake should end up in kdebase/runtime/cmake/modules.
>
> There are currently only two versions of Cagibi released, 0.1.0 and 0.1.1.
> The problem is that the version cannot really be checked at the moment, as
> the version string is nowhere noted in the install.
> But as Cagibi may not be spread that much currently, most people will see
> the demand for the version 0.1.1 at least. And this is better than the
> current situation.
>
> Okay to commit both to trunk and 4.5 branch?
>
> Cheers
> Friedrich

The following 4 lines should be good enough:

find_program(CAGIBI_DAEMON NAMES cagibid)
include(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs)
find_package_handle_standard_args(Cagibi  DEFAULT_MSG  CAGIBI_DAEMON)
mark_as_advanced(CAGIBI_FOUND CAGIBI_DAEMON)

Support for checking the version will come soon to FPHSA(), don't start with FOO_MIN_VERSION now.

Maybe you could also rename the file to FindCagibiDaemon.cmake to make very clear what it does, as name for the variable I would suggest CAGIBI_DAEMON_EXECUTABLE.