Please review: cmake check for Cagibi

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Aug 23 21:53:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

following up to my and your emails on "How to test for a D-Bus run-time
dependency?" last tuesday here please find and then comment on my proposal to
test for the existance of cagibi during the build, so there is some hint at
every build of kdebase on this optional dependency.

The patch adds to kdebase/runtime/CMakeLists.txt the test of Cagibi, the file
FindCagibi.cmake should end up in kdebase/runtime/cmake/modules.

There are currently only two versions of Cagibi released, 0.1.0 and 0.1.1. The
problem is that the version cannot really be checked at the moment, as the
version string is nowhere noted in the install.
But as Cagibi may not be spread that much currently, most people will see the
demand for the version 0.1.1 at least. And this is better than the current
situation.

Okay to commit both to trunk and 4.5 branch?

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta