FindPolkitQt-1 and multiple prefixes

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud at ya.ru
Fri Aug 13 21:20:07 CEST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Friday 13 August 2010, Dario Freddi wrote:
>> On Friday 13 August 2010 09:16:53 Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Current FindPolkitQt-1 ends with:
>> > set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR
>> > ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/polkit-1/actions)
>> >
>> > Then kdelibs caches this value (to
>> > ${kdelibs_install_prefix}/share/polkit-1/actions) and this cached value
>> > is used in other modules. As a result, if I want to install each module
>> > into a dedicated prefix (and then graft them), it tries to install
>> > polkit action files into kdelibs prefix.
>> >
>> > I propose to replace this line with
>> > set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR share/polkit-1/actions)
>> >
>> > Then it will cache "share/polkit-1/actions" and install anything into
>> > the right prefix.
>>
>> I'll leave Alex the last word on that, but consider that the install
>

> Uh, I remember there was something... but the details...
>
> Did we talk about whether POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR should be a
> CACHE value ?
> From a quick look it looks like it would be a good idea to put it in the
> cache, then users can easily change it.
>
> Hmm, and that value is also not documented...
Because this value is not used. It is cached into
KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR, and this is a CACHE value. So I should
use -DKDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR=share/polkit-1/actions in every KDE
module? Or I can supply some option while compiling kdelibs?

BTW, don't you think that installing neither to polkit prefix nor to the
current CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is a strange behaviour?