openssl cmake module

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 10 11:04:17 CEST 2010

On 02.08.10 23:07:17, matthias sweertvaegher wrote:
> yesterday I had some trouble linking my plasmoid which uses openssl.
> It turned out that there was a FindOpenSSL cmake module bundled with
> kde libs which takes precedence over the cmake supplied one but the
> kde one does not link against the crypto lib. Thiago told me the kde
> one was there because the cmake one did not exist yet. So now it is
> probably superseded by the cmake one. Using the cmake one I had no
> trouble linking my plasmoid. allen_kdab suggested to post this
> question on this mailinglist. Is the kde openssl cmake module still
> needed?

That depends on:

a) Wether the cmake version that KDE requires (not sure which that is right
now) already shipped it
b) wether our FindOpenSSL.cmake has any differences that we need for some
reason or another

So someone would have to look at the two files and compare them properly
to decide and then we could remove our copy in the next kde release
(provided that a) is fulfilled).

Andreas

--
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier
to do.