[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 1 ready for testing!

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Tue Sep 29 22:05:38 CEST 2009

2009/9/29 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> On Tuesday 29 September 2009, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Alexander Neundorf
>>
>> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>> > I guess we will with it, because I don't really see a difference between
>> > source compatibility for C++ files and for CMake files. In both cases, if
>> > it's broken, the package will not compile.
>>
>> Do we promise source compatibility for C++ files? I thought we only
>> promised *binary* compatibility through KDE 4.x but not *source*.
>
> Didn't really find it for KDE now (except here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE), but for Qt:
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/pages/CodingConventions#Binary+and+Source+Compatibility

It's mentioned at
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Commit_Policy#Code_review_by_other_developers
and http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/CMake_and_Source_Compatibility
(written by you :D)

However, (I'm no expert, but) I can't think of a time where you could
break source compatibility while keeping binary compatibility. Or at
least it's strange to require one but not the other.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com