KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 3 20:42:28 CEST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> First attempt to refactor.
>
> Problems: include paths seems not to work. It should include
> /usr/include/PolicyKit but somehow it does not work. Hints?

NAMES should be followed by a header file name, e.g. PolicyKit/policykit.h (or
something like this). The command is find_path() because it returns a path
(where the given file was found).

In the find_xxx() calls the variables you use for HINTS now should also have
the PC_ prefix, the ones without (like POLKITQT_INCLUDEDIR) will either be
empty or come from the cmake cache from before your change.

Ah, and most (except *very* important) variables should be marked as ADVANCED
(e.g. for Qt the only non-advanced variable should be QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE).

In case you have a Windows box around, I think the IF (NOT WIN32) around the
pkgconfig() stuff should be unnecessary, but I never had the chance to test
that. And the IF() is uppercase, should be lowercase.

> TODO: Move the macros
>            Is there a way to check version better than what I'm doing?

Looks quite ok, what would you like to have different ?