New file: PolkitQt-1.cmake

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:31:26 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 19:47:19 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 October 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> > Unfortunately it is. The two libraries are plain different (so names are
> > polkit-qt and polkit-qt-1), just like polkit itself. It will be needed by
> > kdebase-workspace 4.5 when polkit-1 stuff will move to kdebase (see
> > k-c-d), more than that I don't know where it could be used.
> >
> > I think both modules (FindPolkitQt.cmake and FindPolkitQt-1.cmake) could
> > not be installed, and just be included in
> > kdebase/workspace/cmake/modules. I honestly don't see a real point in
> > shipping those, after all KDE applications will rely on KAuth and not
> > polkit-qt.
>
> That sounds good :-)

Great. Will you take care of the magic for not installing it? (or just point
me in the right direction) :)

> But, is it used in kdelibs/ or kdebase/workspace/ ?

For 4.4 it will be used only in kdelibs if the user requests explicitely the
polkit-1 backend. In 4.5 will be used also in workspace, I'll just pull the
module there.

> > Let me know what you think.
> >
> > I added the HINTs, good catch. Please also let me know if the file is ok
> > to commit (and please CC me, as well :) )
>
> You may also extend the docs at the top a bit, so it says more than "Try to
> find Polkit-qt-1;  Once done this will define..."
> Maybe a word or two what polkit-qt is and why there is a
>  FindPolkitQt-1.cmake and a FindPolkitQt.cmake

Will do. I'll push the new file when I'll be back (next week)

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B