Include FindKDevPlatform.cmake in kdelibs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 23:28:43 CEST 2009

On 19.10.09 23:06:06, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 19 October 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > Yes, I think I would prefer that one too.
> >
> > Ok, thats going to be the one I'm taking.
> >
> > > Could you please also post the cmake files installed by kdevplatform
> > > (which are found by this one here) ?
> >
> > Sure, attached are the .cmake ones and the final generated ones as well
> > (from my system).
>
> Looks good I'd say.

Thanks :)

> I would consider using some prefix for the imported library target names, this
> makes it obvious if something there went wrong (e.g. if you get an email
> complaining that -lKDevPlatform__sublime can't be found).

Hmm, except sublime they're all prefixed with kdevplatform already. And
sublime is "originally" special as its not tied to kdevplatform and was
meant to be a standalone library...

> You might also consider naming the variables FOO_LIBRARIES instead of
> FOO_LIBRARY, since they contain all necessary libraries required for linking
> with FOO, and not only FOO itself.

Hmm, that would need me going through about 20 plugins changing that...
Can't say I _want_ to do that ;)

> Did you figure the version stuff out ?
> (if so, feel free to add it to techbase :-) )
> I still didn't get around to do it.

That was about the benefits of naming the lib/cmake/foo directory with
the version number right? Or was there something else - in which case I
completely forgot about it...

Andreas

--
Blow it out your ear.