Include FindKDevPlatform.cmake in kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Oct 19 23:06:06 CEST 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.10.09 18:47:45, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 October 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > On 17.10.09 16:20:11, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > - copy the find-module to kdelibs/trunk and kdevelop/trunk so we have a
> > >   duplicate until kdevelop depends on KDE 4.4. I don't like the
> > >   duplicate-part obviously..
> > > - Move the file to kdelibs/trunk and make kdevelop depend on KDE 4.4.
> > >   Thats going to frustrate quite some users.
> > > - Copy the file to kdelibs/trunk and leave it in kdevplatform until we
> > >   require KDE 4.4. This is going to create a file conflict for
> > >   distributions, so not very nice either.
> > >
> > > Did I miss one that works better than option 2? Else I'll do that one.
> >
> > Yes, I think I would prefer that one too.
>
> Ok, thats going to be the one I'm taking.
>
> > Could you please also post the cmake files installed by kdevplatform
> > (which are found by this one here) ?
>
> Sure, attached are the .cmake ones and the final generated ones as well
> (from my system).

Looks good I'd say.
I would consider using some prefix for the imported library target names, this
makes it obvious if something there went wrong (e.g. if you get an email
complaining that -lKDevPlatform__sublime can't be found).

You might also consider naming the variables FOO_LIBRARIES instead of
FOO_LIBRARY, since they contain all necessary libraries required for linking
with FOO, and not only FOO itself.

Did you figure the version stuff out ?
(if so, feel free to add it to techbase :-) )
I still didn't get around to do it.