KDE/kdebase/runtime

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Oct 4 16:44:02 CEST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 15:38:19 you wrote:
> Em Domingo 4. Outubro 2009, às 15.10.05, Michael Jansen escreveu:
> > GroundWork for FindKDE4Runtime.cmake. Copied and adapted from workspace.
> >
> > Needed for nepomuk-kde if kdelibs and kdebase/ are installed into
> > different prefixes.
> >
> > Please comment. I will wait for an ok before changing nepomuk-kde.
>
> I don't think this makes sense.
>
> KDEBase-runtime is a runtime dependency. It should not be a build-time
> dependency for anything.
>
> Please ensure that the application can compile without kdebase-runtime
> installed.

That depends on the definition of "can compile without kdebase-runtime
installed".

It needs the ontologies provided by kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/ontologies .

So only kde4runtime_dbus_interfaces_dir and kde4runtime_data_dir are required
for nepomuk-kde. It does not compile if it does not find them. Only sebastian
can tell if it makes sense to compile it if some or all of them are missing.
I'm currently just trying to make it compile under all circumstances.

perhaps we should throw out some of the stuff from these files that have to do
with providing include files and libraries and just keep the stuff that defines
the runtime environment like the two vars above.

While working on it i noticed i need to do the same for kdebase/apps later
because nepomuk-kde compiles against konq_menu .

Btw. i think the kde4_ vars are badly named. they should be named
kdelibs_include_dir etc. , because that's all they stand for.

Mike