KDE/kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 19:27:41 CET 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> I really dont get this CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH thing. The documentation on it

It's a list of "prefixes" which cmake will use when searching.
E.g. when searching using find_path()/find_file(), cmake will
append "include/" to each of the directories contained in the variable
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
Each path suffix listed as PATH_SUFFIXES is then appended to each of the
resulting directories, but the directories are also tested without the
suffixes appended.

What I wasn't aware of is that the directories listed in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH are
used additionally also without the "include/" appended.
This makes PATH_SUFFIXES share/ontologies/ work.

For find_library() "lib/" is appended and for find_program() "bin/"
and "sbin/".