Problem with dependencies

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 15:02:15 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009 22:20:50 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009, Volker Krause wrote:
> >
> > got another one, I was out of the office for a few days and 'svn' just
> > froze for still unknown reasons, which blocked the automatic builds
> > completely for a few days.
>
> So ctest was hanging in updating from svn ?
> Can you please file that on public.kitware.com/Bug as bug/feature request
> for cmake/ctest ?
> It should probably fail with some timeout.

I got another hang tonight, apparently not related to svn this time. Of
course, this always happens when I don't have any time to investiage it, I'll
try to get a backtrace and report a bug next time, I somehow suspect I'll
have plenty of opportunities for that :-/

> > > Do you start one already ?
> >
> > yes
>
> Can you post your script or put it somewhere (e.g. kdesdk/cmake/scripts/) ?

eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

> > > I just added the script I use (haven't run it for some time now already
> > > again) to kdesdk/cmake/scripts/, it's "Nightly-2.6.2". Please have a
> > > look at it. With the obvious modifications it should run also on your
> > > system.
> > >
> > > The ctest-scripts like kdelibs/KDELibsNightly.cmake use functions from
> > > kdesdk/cmake/modules/KDECTestNightly.cmake.
> > > If something there doesn't work as you need, let me know, we'll make it
> > > work.
> >
> > I haven't had time yet to try it, but looks reasonably easy to adapt to
> > by setup.
>
> What you need to run the script:
> you need one checkout of the modules you want to build during the Nightly,
> since these provide the ctest script which will drive the build.
> Additionally you need the KDECTestNightly.cmake script from
> kdesdk/cmake/modules/. And of course you have to adjust the paths for your
> system (i.e. which cmake, CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and where to install the
> compiled stuff). This should basically be it.

Looks like those scripts allow much finer control of the process than my
current 'ctest -T Nightly' :)

btw, do you happen to know if/how I can do some filtering on the coverage
data? It currently also includes moc files and other generated code, which is
useless IMHO. It's already quite useful despite all of this though, I've
already spotted two unit tests that were not completely executed :)

I also need to get a supression file for valgrind, most of the reported issues
there are not in our code.

> > > Ok, so let's move to my.cdash.org.
> >
> > I've switched my kdelibs builds to that one, and to nightly instead of
> > experimental. If that works, I'll adjust the others as well and add the
> > missing modules.

There should be nightly builds of libs, pimlibs, base and pim now, as well as
kdesupport/akonadi and extragear/pim still going to the old dashboard. I'll
change the first one next, to include all of kdesupport and to report to
my.cdash.org.

> I switched the kdepimlibs one now also. I changed the nightly start time to
> 20:00:00 CET. This is comfortable at least for me, since with this start
> time I can start the build at some point in the evening and have my
> computer shut down once it has finished the build, so it doesn't have to
> run all night long.

What effect does that time have btw? My builds run at 2am IIRC, and seem to
be completely unaffected by the time set there.

regards
Volker