branches/KDE/4.3/kdelibs/nepomuk/core

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 26 16:36:50 CEST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009, Brad King wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > So maybe link-interface-libs really only works within the same cmake
> > project (I've always wondered where cmake stores this information so that
> > it works across projects)?
>
> The LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES property for a target is recorded when
> the target is installed by install(TARGETS) with the EXPORT option.
> The EXPORT option associates the installation rule with a named
> export group.  Later the install(EXPORT) command installs a .cmake
> file containing rules to create IMPORTED targets from their installed
> locations.  See this page for details:
>
>    http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes
>
> The IMPORTED targets have IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties
> which contain their link interfaces.

From my kde install dir:

KDELibs4LibraryTargets-debugfull.cmake says:
  IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_DEBUGFULL "/d/kde/src/4/qt-copy/lib/libQtCore.so;-lpthread;KDE4__kdecore;KDE4__kdeui;/d/kde/inst/kdesupport-for-4.3/lib/libsoprano.so"
which looks ok.
Hmm, does it? The _DEBUGFULL appended to the name looks suspicious;
if kdepim isn't compiled in debugfull then I suppose it won't be looking for this property?? My kdepim uses debug.
I don't understand why the lib targets are build-type dependent...

(Also ./KDELibs4LibraryTargets.cmake exists and doesn't contain the above; I compile kdelibs with debugfull nowadays
Running cmake in strace seems to indicate that it opens both... I'm not sure what it does
with conflicting information? It reads the -debugfull one last so I assume this overrides previous stuff though.)