FindQt4 and other CMake module duplication

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 8 16:51:58 CEST 2009

On 08.07.09 15:29:17, Mike Arthur wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question but why do we duplicate modules
> like FindQt4 in the KDE SVN? These are included in the latest required
> versions of CMake. On OSX this actually causes a bug (due to bugs in
> FindQt4) where various Qt libraries cannot be correctly found.

That usually happens when there are bugs in the FindXXX modules in cmake,
in particular in the cmake version we require (current 2.6.2 I think). Or
if the cmake version we require doesn't ship a suitable FindXXX module we
need.

> Is it possible for us to remove these modules from the KDE SVN?

If you are sure that switching to the one coming with the minimum required
cmake doesn't cause any bugs, then sure.

> If not, can we at least put the CMake module path first to that they are
> a higher priority than KDE's versions.

AFAIK, no, because we actually want them to be of higher priority than the
cmake ones.

> If not, can these be updated to
> the latest versions from CMake after each CMake release?

You can merge in relevant changes, sure, they're writeable by anyone.
However you need to make sure to use only features which are available in
the minimum required cmake version.

Andreas

--
You will be Told about it Tomorrow.  Go Home and Prepare Thyself.