FindPulseAudio insufficient

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 13 23:05:11 CET 2009

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I've had a kdemultimedia build failure for a while. The problem is that
>> pulse-mainloop-glib is not added to the libraries to link.
>>
>> How should this be fixed? Should FindPulseAudio.cmake look for it, or
>
> I think so. If it is necessary to have pulseaudio working...

I have no idea. I just know that kmix doesn't link right now. (It looks
like it hasn't worked with pulse for some time... since the link
interface stuff, at least, since I am having to fix a problem due to that.)

Actually I am starting to doubt that it *ever* worked, as kmix asks for
PULSEAUDIO_MAINLOOP_LIBRARY, but such variable has never been defined by
FindPulseAudio.cmake.

I'm inclined to write finding the mainloop .so as an independent check
without using pkgconfig, as it pulls pulse, glib2, *and* mainloop if I
use pkgconfig.

> Maybe there could be a configure check, e.g. using check_function_exists() to
> see whether an application already links successfully without
> pulse-mainloop-glib, and if not, search for it and add it.

Um... that would imply that PA has serious ABI compatibility problems?

--
Matthew
"So, then, to whom do I have to be Really, Really Nice, to make that