Build error

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 23:08:57 CET 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> > Datum: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:18:11 +0100
> > Von: Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de>
> > An: "KDE build system \\(cmake\\)" <kde-buildsystem at kde.org>
> > Betreff: Build error
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a very common error now and then is the following:
> > CMake Error at
>
> A few weeks ago (2 or so) I changed the "namespace" for the exported
> targets in kdelibs. They are now prefixed with "KDE4__". So if you install
> a new kdelibs with a different buildtype these files are still lying around
> and will be included and lead to that error (because the exported targets
> are named now KDE4__kdecore instead of kdecore, to avoid potential name
> clashes in projects using kdelibs).
>
> So this happens only if you have a install tree where still old files (from
> > 4.1 and < 4.2) from a different build configuration are existing. This is
> only the case now where people still have some "old" files installed and
> switch to current installations.
>
> I added a script check_installed_exports_file.cmake to
> kdelibs/cmake/modules/  yesterday which I'll integrate with the
> installation tonight and which will do this cleanup automatically.

Done. We should be safe now against any similar changes in the future. Let me
know if you experience some problems with installing now. I haven't tested
this on Windows, and it deals with paths, so maybe something has to be
adjusted.
Is the file KDELibs4LibraryTargets.cmake located in
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeFiles/Export/share/apps/cmake/modules/ under
Windows ? If not where is it ?