FindPlasma.cmake obsolete ?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 16:51:00 CET 2009

On Sunday 04 January 2009 10:43:48 am Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ there is a FindPlasma.cmake.
>
> But plasma has moved to kdelibs and is now found automatically by
> find_package(KDE4)
> which sets the appropriate variables like KDE4_PLASMA_LIBS etc.
>
> Before KDE 4.2 there were no compatibility guarantees for plasma, right ?
> So, where is this file used ?
> I think it should be removed now that plasma is part of kdelibs. And we
> can't break anything by removing it, since plasma itself will have broken
> everything which depended on it before 4.2, right ?

I was wondering about the PLASMA_OPENGL_FOUND variable
which is computed in FindPlasma.cmake.

That variable is used, at least in kdeplasma-addons.

Any Plasmanians who know what this variable is about and if we still need it?
and can change kdeplasma-addons/applets/CMakeList.txt file accordingly?
So the bluemarble applet is built under the right conditions?