FindQt4.cmake synced with the version from cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Dec 23 16:24:46 CET 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> So yes, we should use the LIBRARIES/LIBS variables.
> There are also the QT_QTxxx_LIBRARIES variables.
>
> Beside that, we can also make the new (for us) code in FindQt4.cmake handle
> this differently.
> Right now it does:
>
>   IF (CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES OR CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
>     SET(QT_${basename}_LIBRARY optimized ${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE}
>                                debug ${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG})
>   ELSE(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES OR CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
>     # if there are no configuration types and CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE has no value
>     # then just use the release libraries
>     SET(QT_${basename}_LIBRARY       ${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE} )
>   ENDIF(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES OR CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
>   SET(QT_${basename}_LIBRARIES  optimized ${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE}
>                                 debug ${QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG})
> ENDIF (QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_DEBUG AND QT_${basename}_LIBRARY_RELEASE)
>

> I guess it would make sense to do this only if actually both versions have
> been found.

That's the case now, there was a bug in the logic of the
_QT4_ADJUST_LIB_VARS().
This doesn't mean the issue is really fixed, but it will happen only to people
which really have both the release- and the debug-versions of the Qt
libraries installed (I guess mostly Windows developers ?).
Of course we will have to fix that too.