Policy for extragear / playground folders

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Fri Aug 28 22:02:56 CEST 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 21:24:38 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Friday 28 August 2009, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > The minimum policy has to be. Whatever happens: Make your stuff self
> >  contained.
> >
> > Mike
>
> It is. I just checked

It seems i'm the only one finding it weird having to checkout completely
unrelated stuff (kdevelop 3 plugins, kdevelop 4 plugins, kate plugins, other
stuff i can't name) making up 84M just to compile icemon (41files). Having to
meet the requirements of all those downloaded stuff i don't want which is
really compiled (kde3 plugins luckily aren't compiled by default) so the stuff
configures.

> cd playground/devtools
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake ..
> cd icemon
> make
> make install
>
> It seems to work. Are we missing simple build instructions somewhere?

Generous offer but i think i have to politely decline. I'm somehow convinced i
can manage that stuff. Superstitous i know,

Make Error at kdevelop4-extra-plugins/controlflowgraph/CMakeLists.txt:9
(find_package):
  Could not find module FindGraphViz.cmake or a configuration file for
  package GraphViz.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindGraphViz.cmake or set GraphViz_DIR to
  the directory containing a CMake configuration file for GraphViz.  The file
  will have one of the following names:

    GraphVizConfig.cmake
    graphviz-config.cmake

That's the error i get. When configuring devtools. It's found without problem
if i just configure the controlwhatever plugin.

Btw. i KNOW i could do partially checkouts. but even that requires knowledge
what directories i really need before i checkout. which i cant know until i
tried.

It would be much easier if this stuff would be standalone with some convenience
makefiles. The same way kdebase does it.

But i take the request back. Somehow everyone else seems to live with that
stuff so it has to be a personal problem of mine.

Mike

But as