FindKDE4Internal.cmake and Nepomuk

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Apr 28 20:22:33 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Currently we have a separate test for Nepomuk in kdebase and other places.
> I think that should be moved into the standard kde finding cmake file. Can
> someone help with that?
>
> I already commited a small change but it mostly removes the non-existing
> kmetadata lib

Did it exist at some point in time or was it always empty ?

> and renames knepomuk to nepomuk.

Oh.
The library is also named "nepomuk" instead of "knepomuk". Was there
a "knepomuk" library at some point ?
Does that mean that KDE4_KNEPOMUK_LIBS was actually always empty ?
If so, this is a bug fix, if not, it is a source incompatible change I'm
afraid:
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/CMake_and_Source_Compatibility

> I dont know if that is
> enough since I don't really know how the whole check works. Understanding
> it completely will take some time while I am sure there is someone (Alex?)
> who can do it in a minute. ;)

Is nepomuk the stuff in kdelibs or is it in kdesupport ?
(I'm always confused by nepomuk, strigi and all that).

Also, we have since a few weeks a generally agreed commit policy for
kdelibs/cmake/modules/: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/CMake_Commit_Policy

I guess I should add a point on removing and renaming stuff (actually this is
part of source compatibility).