requiring cmake 2.6.2 ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Oct 8 23:50:49 CEST 2008

Hi all,

we didn't make it for 4.1, but for KDE 4.2 we would really like to have the
reduced link interface, so distro packages can have less dependencies.
For that we need cmake 2.6.2, the support for that in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 wasn't
yet mature.

So, I'd like to require cmake 2.6.2 as soon as possible.
I know we just switched to 2.6.0 and 2.6.2 isn't very widespread yet, but I
think it is necessary.
(of course I can also add workarounds so it kind-of works also with 2.6.0 and
2.6.1, but this would be a bit ugly).
Beside the link interface, with 2.6.2 we could also get rid of some of the
modules in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ (since they come with 2.6.2) and of course
there have been quite a few bugfixes and other minor improvements over 2.6.0.

What do you think ?
Objections ?

I would suggest something like November 3rd.