Preference for finding a kde module

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Oct 3 00:47:49 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 20:52:09 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently I've been browsing a bit through the cmake manual of cmake 2.6 and
> also having looked at automoc4 buildsystem a bit. I'm wondering now wether
> its preferred to have FooConfig.cmake installed by a kde module or a
> FindFoo.cmake? Or maybe both, where the latter tries to find the former in
> a couple of "well known" places?
>
> Does either of the two approaches make it easier for somebody to find a
> module that has been installed in a custom location?

Trying to understand.  Do I have this right?

So this is sorta like the pkgconfig stuff currently in style with the Unix world??

CMake built packages would install FooConfig.cmake "config" modules
in, for example /usr/local/lib/cmake.

CMake packages that need Foo would have a FooFind.cmake "discovery" module,
which first looks for its associated config module in a known set of directories.
This allows for fast and easy Foo config settings.  If FooFind.cmake isn't found,
then drop back to the hard way? Or bitch and quit?

So.. I am currently putting the finishing touches on a CMake buildsystem for the libical project.
I should make a LibicalConfig.cmake, right.  What should it look like?  Where should I install it?

-Allen