Preference for finding a kde module

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 2 23:32:45 CEST 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 02 October 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 01.10.08 18:18:07, Brad King wrote:
>> Ok, then I guess I'll opt for the config-mode of FindFoo.cmake, unless
>> Alex comes up with a compelling reason not to do that (like bugs in CMake
>> 2.6.0)...
>
> When having a small FindFoo.cmake wee can add additional output, better error
> messages in case it hasn't been found, maybe support for special environment
> variables, etc. So it enables us to tweak it a bit.

Yes.  In this case, the small FindFoo would consist of a call like

  find_package(Foo NO_MODULE)

which would proceed in config-mode instead of loading the same module
again.  This call could be surrounded by more configuration options and
messages, but these are not critical.  If an application wants the nicer
find interface it can have a copy of FindFoo (or get one from an
already-found dependency).  Otherwise at least finding will work without it.

-Brad