add KDE cmake commands to cmake.xml?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 20 23:46:12 CET 2008

(p.s. I'm reading both lists this is going to, you don't need to CC me;
thanks! :-) Please let me know if I should stop CC'ing you also.)

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I see that neundorf added some ITK/VTK-specific commands to cmake.xml
>
> Was it really me who added them ?

Hmm... my bad, it seems they were in the original version. Then again,
Dominik's commit message credits (blames?*) you for said original
version, so... ;-) (I wonder why I don't remember noticing them before,
unless they were actually reported by 2.4.x?)

They're now in their own list, should we nuke them?

log: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kate/syntax/data/cmake.xml

(* sorry, couldn't resist)

> Didn't I remove some of them on Tuesday ?

Not in KDE trunk you didn't? From your other comments (below), I wonder
what version of the highlighter you are using?

>> (kate's CMake highlighter). While I'm not opposed to this as such, if we
>> are going to add non-builtins, we should probably consider adding
>> commands provided by KDE4 as well. Thoughts? Anyone want to provide a
>> "list of suggestions"?
>
> I'd vote for not adding any non-commands.
> Actually we might even better get away if anything which has the command call
> syntax (something like /\w+\s*\(.*\)/ is highlighted as command. Also if it
> uses more than one line (this doesn't work right now I think).

I think multi-line works iff the '(' is on the same line (r654573 claims
to have addressed that), but "command-like" has worked for a long, long
time (about 1.5 years I think). It uses a different attribute and
default style, however (dsFunction vs dsKeyword), but that's also
because I just changed that. Personally I find it at least somewhat
valuable to have known built-ins highlighted differently, that way you
know you spelled them correctly ;-).

--
Matthew
C++ is for people who want to be able to not just shoot themselves in