wildcards in DEPENDS

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Nov 20 10:27:11 CET 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 14:49:10 Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008 20:55:11 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > What do you think about the idea with the one global helper target ?
>
> Sounds like a good idea but I have two problems with it:
> a) it won't get called on make target/fast
> b) there are still race conditions in your proposal such that in the end
> _automoc.cpp is newer than _automoc.cpp.files and the helper target will
> not be instructed to touch _automoc.cpp.files.

I now have a patch that creates an automoc4_init target globally and all other
targets using automoc depend on it.
This target runs
autmoc4 --touch ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/automoc4_init.files
The file it opens contains a list of all the filepaths to the
*_automoc.cpp.files of the project.

So when automoc4_init is executed all automoc custom commands are made out-of-
date. There's also no race with this anymore.

make target/fast will work most of the time. Until _automoc.cpp gets changed
and has a newer timestamp than _automoc.cpp.files. Then you need to run a
non-/fast make and it'll work again.

Now, for some reason qt4_generate_moc stopped working for me. I don't see how
that could be related, if it is and you have an idea please take a look.

Patch attached.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/