kde libs do not link properly to phonon

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:55:35 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, ever since phonon move out of kdelibs to kdesupport libraries no
> longer link to libphonon properlt on os x.
>
> The problem is that they link to libphonon.4.dylid instead of /path/to/
> libphonon.4.dylib as with every other library.
>
> If you need more information just ask. and please CC me, i'm not
> subscribed.

Are you sure you don't just need to clean your kdesupport dir since
this got fixed a while back?  phonon has "set(CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR
${LIB_DESTINATION})" which should set a proper install_name.

(It's working for me...)

bash-3.2# cd phonon; make install DESTDIR=/tmp/foo
bash-3.2# otool -L /tmp/foo/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib
/tmp/foo/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib:
	/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.4.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current
version 0.0.0)

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development