status of reduced link interface ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jul 23 23:43:20 CEST 2008

Hi Dirk,

you committed a lot of link fixes in the last days.
Since I don't have the compile-power to check it myself, does everything in
KDE/ now link correctly again ?
If so, what do you think about removing the option and making the reduced
linking the default in trunk next monday ?

And, what do you think about 4.1 branch ? It would be nice if we would have it
there too, as soon as possible.
Oh, I just noticed 4.1.0 has been tagged yesterday. So if we do this for
4.1.1, we'll kind of break compatibility between 4.1.0 and 4.1.1. It would be
better to do this now with 4.1.0, since we have (want) to do it anyway.

Alex

P.S. did I miss a reminder email "4.1.0 will be tagged tomorrow" or something
like this ? This would have been nice. Or is the average developer now
expected to subscribe to kde-releaseteam ?