does debian require cmake 2.6 for building KDE ?

Sune Vuorela Sune at vuorela.dk
Thu Jul 10 00:19:12 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 23:56:07 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Yes, I'd prefer the nice solution :-)
> Which means probably that something has to be done in cmake cvs to make it
> build on Debian on HPPA ?

No. There is a need to fix glibc build on hppa.

> Do you know what the exact problem is ?

There was some headers dropped by the kernel headers (linux-libc-dev) that was
referenced by some glibc headers. Those glibc headers are now fixed, but that
updated glibc version doesn't build on hppa, because it hangs in the test
suite testing regex'es and UTF-8 locales.
This test could be ignored, but it would make any program using a regex and a
utf8 locale would hang.

The related debian bug,
http://bugs.debian.org/489856 was tagged pending  yesterday, which usually
means that maintainer has a solution prepared locally and are either waiting
for other fixes, for builds or something else to actually ship the package.

The build log

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=cmake&ver=2.6.0-4&arch=hppa&stamp=1214572282&file=log

/Sune
--
Genius, I'm not able to get access over the directory to the fan of a display
from the file within Office XP, how does it work?

You should forward from a ISDN memory for installing a connection.