Detecting old installs of kdepimlibs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jan 23 20:36:45 CET 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 14:27:12 Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2008/1/22, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>:
> > I suppose we could install a kdepimlibs.h with a version number in it
> > and grep for that version.
>
> Why not install a pkg-config file?

Eh, I'm less than enthusiastic about that solution.  I guess it would work.
I don't think pkg-config is available on all our supported platforms.

I sorta like the kdepimlibs.h idea, and we stuff a version number in there.
That way, KdepimLibs.cmake doesn't rely (like it currently does) on
a header from one of the libraries that might be renamed one day.
Which has happened.