Split building

Piotr Jaroszyński p.jaroszynski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 23:29:55 CET 2008

On Monday 07 of January 2008 22:56:24 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I'd like to get a feel how much apps and libs are affected by this.
> Actually if kdepasswd would be an independent application, and if it would
> link to libkonq, it would do something like this:
>
> find_package(LibKonq)
> target_link_libraries(kdepasswd ${LIBKONQ_LIBRARIES} ... )
>

> FindLibKonq.cmake could probably check whether it is called inside kdebase
> with libkonq or not (only slightly hackish) and act accordingly.
> But I have the feeling that this would be quite some work, if we need to do
> this for every small app.

We are already modifying the CMakeLists, so we can probably live with the hack
I described in the previous email if that's easier for everyone else.

> Can you make a list of affected apps and libs in (as many as possible) KDE
> modules ?

Today I can only give a list of pkgs that have patches in our repo that seem
to fix such linkage problems (may include some false positives):

./app-office/karbon-1.9.95.1
./app-office/kchart-1.9.95.1
./app-office/kformula-1.9.95.1
./app-office/kivio-1.9.95.1
./app-office/kplato-1.9.95.1
./kde-base/akonadi-3.97.0
./kde-base/akregator-3.97.0
./kde-base/dolphin-3.97.0
./kde-base/kaddressbook-3.97.0
./kde-base/kdepim-kresources-3.97.0
./kde-base/kmail-3.97.0
./kde-base/kmobiletools-3.97.0
./kde-base/knode-3.97.0
./kde-base/knotes-3.97.0
./kde-base/konqueror-4.0.0 (fixed in kde svn as konq dep was incorrect)
./kde-base/kontact-specialdates-3.97.0
./kde-base/kontact-3.97.0
./kde-base/korganizer-3.97.0
./kde-base/krunner-3.97.0
./kde-base/ktimetracker-3.97.0-unresolved-symbols.patch
./kde-base/libkmahjongg-3.91.0
./kde-base/plasma-3.97.0

(We don't have many 4.0.0 ebuilds in our tree yet)

As for the libs, fast skim shows: konq, plasma, dolphinprivate and kdepim.
Again I can't guarantee that's a full and correct list. I will try to make a
full and detailed list tomorrow.

> Would it be ok or Gentoo to have only very few library packages per KDE
> module, e.g. only 1 kdebase-libs package ?

We would probably prefer not to, but I would have discuss this with the team.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński