[Kde-pim] Move FindKdeSubversion to *libs.

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 23:21:06 CET 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Saturday 09 February 2008 16:37:37 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can we move FindKdeSubversion.cmake to kdepimlibs ?
>
> If we expect to need it in kdepimlibs, then yes.
>
> > Or even better kdelibs
> > - but that means we need to keep a copy somewhere.
>
> since we need to stay build-able to kdelibs 4.0, then moving
> isn't an option.  and copying isn't a good option either.
>
> Ideally, we'd have something like this in CMake itself.
> Someone needs to make a request on the CMake bug tracker
> and eventually...

This is already a few weeks old, I can't remember the details. In CMake (at
least cmake cvs) there is already a module for subversion. I think the only
problem was that it didn't set the lanugage to C before calling svn, so the
output was translated and not recognized by the cmake module.
This is now fixed both in kdepim/cmake/modules/FindKdeSubversion.cmake as well
as FindSubversion.cmake coming with cmake.
I think we should switch to FindSubversion.cmake coming with cmake (and adding
a copy of that to an appropriate place). I'm not sure we need to keep
FindKdeSubversion.cmake in kdepim, because, do we promise to keep source
compatibility for all KDE svn modules ?
If not, maybe we just should install the cmake modules only in library svn
modules, like kdelibs, and kdepimlibs ?