KDE4 Cross compiling error

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 30 13:28:35 CET 2008

Ben Boeckel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am attempting to cross-compile my KDE4 application using mingw and I
>get the following error from FindKDE4Internal.cmake:
>
>CMake Error at
>/mnt/storage/kde4win/root/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmak
>e:432 (message):
>  Couldn't parse KDE version string from the kde4-config output:
>
>  sh: /mnt/storage/kde4win/root/bin/kde4-config.exe: cannot execute
>binary
>  file
>
>The problem is that kde4-config is used to get the version when it
>can't since it's being cross compiled. How should this be handled
>instead?

I don't know how much you know about this subject...

If you're simply someone who wants to cross-compile, note that cross-
compiling is not supported yet.

If you want to work on having that supported, then you've come to the
right mailing list.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358