CMake coding style

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sun Aug 17 02:21:49 CEST 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> what I would like to add is (please rephrase it though):
> For loops, if's and foreach's fill in both the starting line and the end
> line e.g. the following shouldn't be used:
> 	if(BUILD_marble)
> 	endif()

To be honest I'd rather we go with "be consistent with what's already in the
file" as a policy.  And at the very least, to prefer empty end statements
instead of forbid them.

I can think of no other language where are you forced to repeat the test and
this is honestly one thing that used to be very annoying about CMake until it
was allowed to be optional.  With CMake 2.6 there is a syntax that doesn't
resemble COBOL trying to get out, we just need to let it happen. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne