Support CMake-Version-Variables

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 20:53:56 CEST 2008

On 07.08.08 19:59:52, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >since we require Cmake 2.6 now I think we should support CMake's
> >"integrated" way of version-checking. CMake 2.6 supports this:
> >
> >find_package(KDE4 4.2.0)
> >
> >and I'm proposing the attached patch to make this work. This removes the
> >need for setting an extra variable before calling find_package, still
> >KDE_MIN_VERSION is given authority over the cmake-way for backwards
> >compatibility reasons.
> >
> >Objections against comitting this?
>
> Are you sure? This reads Boost_*.

Damn, sorry. Here's the right patch :)

There's one drawback of this whole thing I just noticed: When somebody
puts:

find_package(KDE4 4 REQUIRED)

in his CMakeLists.txt that won't work unless he runs KDE5. I'm not sure
how to best fix this, one way would be to require at least MAJOR+MINOR
version and else use 3.9 as default. The other would be to "0" as
default value for minor.

Andreas

--
Many changes of mind and mood; do not hesitate too long.