FindKdepimLibs should require Boost

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 5 00:06:46 CEST 2008

Alle lunedì 04 agosto 2008, Andreas Pakulat ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I hope the subject doesn't stir up a flame-war. I'm not questioning the
> dependency. My question is: Shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake be requiring
> Boost?

No, but do an extra check for the few parts that actually do require Boost.

> So shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake have a find_package call for Boost,
> probably requiring it. After all its impossible to use all of kdepimlibs
> without boost.

Eh? It seems only syndication, gpgme++, qgpgme and akonadi-kde expose a Boost
dependency in their public headers, while everything else does not (please
any PIM people verify that). That means that more than half of the kdepimlibs
libraries (ie kcal, kabc, kblog, kldap, etc) can be used without Boost.

> Or we need more logic in FindKdepimLibs.cmake setting
> individual _FOUND variables for the individual libs and setting this to
> no if boost is not found but the specific library contains boost stuff
> in its public headers (like libsyndication).

Yes.

--
Pino Toscano