FindKdepimLibs should require Boost

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 22:53:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I hope the subject doesn't stir up a flame-war. I'm not questioning the
dependency. My question is: Shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake be requiring
Boost? There's currently breakage in the 4.1 branch (kdeplasma-addons)
because one part of the comic dataengine in there uses libsyndication
from kdepimlibs. However libsyndication contains boost-stuff in its
public headers, which means one has to also require boost to build the
comic dataengine completely.

So shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake have a find_package call for Boost,
probably requiring it. After all its impossible to use all of kdepimlibs
without boost. Or we need more logic in FindKdepimLibs.cmake setting
individual _FOUND variables for the individual libs and setting this to
no if boost is not found but the specific library contains boost stuff
in its public headers (like libsyndication).

Andreas

--
Don't read any sky-writing for the next two weeks.