automoc4

Alexander Neundorf alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Wed Apr 30 11:44:52 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Von: Matthias Kretz <kretz at kde.org>

> On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I think we have to do some things now:
> > -write at least some documentation: a page on techbase ?
>
> What should be documented? How to use it? How it works? How it breaks?

Ideally all of that :-)

> > Matthias: if we want to keep the option to get it at some point into
> > cmake, we (you) need to relicense it to BSD. Can you do that ?
>
> done.

Cool :-)

> > Is there an easy way to enforce rerunning automoc ? Would it be
> > possible to
> > add a command line switch which does that ? Like e.g. deleting all
> > generated moc files or something like that ?
>
> There are two steps of dependency checks:
> 1. in the Makefile: running automoc depends on the header, source and
> the  <target>_automoc.files files.
> 2. when automoc runs it checks for the timestamps of the moc source and
> moc output file and only calls moc if the source is more recent.
>
> To regenerate all mocs one must either touch all source files or touch
> the <target>_automoc.files file and delete all .moc files. Deleting
> all .moc files is a bit problematic since cmake might have created a
> dependecy on those files but didn't write into the Makefile how the .moc
> files are created.
>
> Alternatives:
> 1. add a new target (I'd like to avoid that because it would add a lot
> of I/O on a cmake run)
> 2. make it easy to run automoc4 manually

Yes, something like "automoc4 --clean" or something like this which does that for the current dir and maybe all subdirs would be nice to have.

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free